Python and ADO

Geoff Talvola gtalvola at nameconnector.com
Tue Mar 20 11:10:02 EST 2001

Geoff Talvola wrote:

> Syver Enstad wrote:
>
> > Has anyone considered making a DB API compliant wrapper around MS ADO? Or
> > isn't this considered worthwhile?
> >
> > As ADO is the database api that I use, I could have a look at making a
> > wrapper for it if there was any interest in it and if making such a thing is
> > not too involved.
>
> Michel Orengo already wrote a preliminary version of a DB-API wrapper for ADO but I don't think he ever finished it.  I have a copy of it, but I have never actually tried it.  If you can't find it in the newsgroup archives, drop me an email and I'll send you a copy.
>
> And I do think this would be quite useful...

I've now sent a copy of this to at least a dozen people, so there's clearly a lot of interest for a DB-API ADO wrapper.  At least one of you is bound to take it and make improvements -- please share it with the list if and when you do; a lot of people will appreciate your work!

--

- Geoff Talvola
  Parlance Corporation