Python and ADO

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 18:42:46 EST 2001

"Geoff Talvola" <gtalvola at nameconnector.com> wrote in message
> Syver Enstad wrote:
>
> > Has anyone considered making a DB API compliant wrapper around MS ADO?
Or
> > isn't this considered worthwhile?

I _considered_ it often, but never got a round tuit... yet!

> > As ADO is the database api that I use, I could have a look at making a
> > wrapper for it if there was any interest in it and if making such a
thing is
> > not too involved.
>
> Michel Orengo already wrote a preliminary version of a DB-API wrapper for
ADO but I don't think he ever finished it.  I have a copy of it, but I have
never actually tried it.  If you can't find it in the newsgroup archives,
drop me an email and I'll send you a copy.

I wouldn't mind getting a copy -- I can't find it in the NG archives (maybe
I'm still unclear on how to use google for those...).

Alex