PyQt Impressive

Bruce Wolk bawolk at ucdavis.edu
Sun Mar 4 12:21:14 EST 2001

I recently downloaded the PyQt bindings to Qt and after a minor install
issue (they don't tell you that you have to run ldconfig) I was up and
running and going through the Qt tutorials.   The tutorials are a
wonderful introduction to Qt and fun to explore.  They even contain
suggestions for making minor modifications to the programs to test one's
grasp of the concepts.  I am really impressed with the quality of the
documentation and the power and versatility of the Qt classes.  The use
of "signals" and "slots" at first seemed a bit foreign, but I quickly
got the hang of it and I think I like them a lot better than the Tkinter
command bindings.

Bruce