Unresolved symbols in MSVCRT.DLL when running a py2exe packaged program.

Tom NoSpam at NoSpam.com
Fri Mar 2 18:40:52 EST 2001

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> wrote in message
> [Tom, on System File Protection in recent flavors of Windows]
> > I didn't mean to suggest 'fooling' it - I agree that safeguards
> > like SFP are needed - I meant that one had to do it according to
> > the rules.
>
> What rules?  Only MS can replace system files now -- there is no provision
> for "one" to *ever* do it anymore, if one != MS (no API, no magic dance,
not
> even an option to turn SFP off).  One of the links I posted before
suggests
> that they *may* make an exception for developers of new hardware.

The API that I was referring to was the Setup API (see Platform SDK).  I
must admit that I've only used it for replacing drivers (I used
InstallShield for replacing DLL's), but I had thought it could be used for
replacing DLL's.

Tom.