Updated edition of Programming Python out

bowman bowman at montana.com
Fri Mar 30 10:06:20 EST 2001

Alan Miller <ajm at enteract.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.152d8de631a0ecbf98977b at news-enteract...

>   Is there such a thing as a second edition of a computer (or other
>   technical) book that is _thinner_ than the original?

I don't think it is thinner than the first edition, but K&R hasn't gained
much weight in 20, 25 years, whatever the timespan is. The mark of a
successful language, imho. True, it doesn't document libraries and modules,
which seems to be where unchecked growth occurs.