WinNT problem with Python and Cygwin Bash

Don Dwiggins dwig at advancedmp.net
Mon Mar 26 13:40:18 EST 2001

I've just installed Happydoc (nice!) on my WinNT box, and am having a bit of
a problem running the shell script generated by the installer under Cygwin
using Bash.  It looks as though Bash is passing Python a Unix-style pathname
(/e/Python20/Scripts/happydoc), but Python expects a Windows-style pathname,
so complains it can't find the file.  I can work around it by applying some
"Bash grease", but I'd like to know if anyone else has run across this, and
if there's a simple fix.

--
Don Dwiggins                    "Solvitur Ambulando"
Advanced MP Technology
dwig at advancedmp.net