iis and python

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Mar 5 20:54:05 EST 2001

"Satheesh Babu" <vsbabu at erols.com> wrote in message
news:98191m$88j$1 at bob.news.rcn.net...
> Hi,
>
> ASP with Python works really well. Additionally, Python's vast collection
of
> modules
> make a short work of many tasks ASP/VBScript pundits would need a compiled
> COM object for.
>
> We've some ASP/VB code. To extend it to connect to some network services
> I started using Python, mixed with VB and it rocks. When we get time,
> I'm certainly going to convert all VB stuff to Python.
>
> I  use ActiveState Python..

I find Python ASP to be somewhat faster than Python CGI (at least under
personal web server), as the interpreter startup time appears to dominate
performance on the short CGIs I have so far written.

However, neither of them hold a candle to Xitami's LRWP (log-running web
processes), which run like shit off the prverbial shovel, having done all
their database connection and initialization stuff before the web server
ever asks them to produce a line of HTML.

Next step will be to benchmark Xitami + LRWP against Apache + FastCGI.

if-only-there-were-time-ly y'rs  -steve