iis and python

Wayne Izatt wayne.izatt at _nospam_myself.com
Tue Mar 6 02:37:21 EST 2001

> In order to use python it would have to entail cgi or ASP. Is this
correct.
> Or is there an alternative. I dont know if Zope is the right thing. I hate
> DTML.

Zope is very powerful, and if you want to you can write almost all your code
in Python. DTML is there for presentation, not for logic, and should only be
used for simple processing.

> Is using python in ASP a pain in the but? Am I going to have to learn a
> whole technology just to implelment python well into it?

No, its fairly straighforward. However, before you go the ASP route, take
the time to examine Webware. Webware gives you ASP with Python, as well as
Python Server Pages and servlets - very powerful, easy to use, and pure
Python.

> I hear troubleshooting ASP pages is not fun.

Correct.

> The only time I have used iis is with php and it was a total snap.
Painless.

PHP is fine, but I've had the pleasure of debugging someone else's massive
'one-script-wonder', and I remembered what my misgivings about Perl-based
languages were. Don't flame me, PHPer's, I still like the language!

cheers