Can anyone recomend a good intoduction to C...

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Mar 10 21:19:40 EST 2001

Alex Martelli wrote:

> It's no doubt possible that gcc has significantly worsened in the
> last 5 or 6 years, but I'll confess that would really surprise me.

No, it's actually gotten far better.  The pre-egcs versions of g++ had
some really glaringly seriously problems with modern draft Standard (now
actual Standard) compliance like exceptions, templates and the like.  If
you weren't using these, though, g++ was just fine (which was probably
the case for you).  Note that modern version of egcs have all the
Standard language _features_ all settled out, but there are a few
Standard compliance problems in the library.  These are scheduled to be
fixed in gcc 3.0.

/  \ It is impossible to love and be wise.
\__/ Francis Bacon
    Computer science / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/compsci/
 A computer science reference.