Editing Python source as XML?

Alexandre Fayolle alf at leo.logilab.fr
Mon Mar 5 05:46:28 EST 2001

Martin von Loewis <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Steven Haryanto <steven at haryan.to> writes:

>> A recent experience of having to modify a long C source file has
>> led me to wonder whether there are any tool/effort towards editing
>> Python source code as XML or other form of structured document.

> Not sure *why* you'd want to do that, but it is certainly possible to
> convert any script automatically to an XML document with the help of
> the parser module.

I'm releasing today a utility we use at Logilab for documenting the code
of Narval. We call it pypasax. It uses the parser module to extract
information about classes and methods and generates an XML tree from this.
We are working on XSLT to generate XMI files so that we can import the data
in some UML tool such as ArgoUML.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).