Augmented Assignement (was: Re: PEP scepticism)

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Fri Jun 29 14:06:54 EDT 2001

[Guido]
> And that quote "explicit is better than implicit" quote is pretty tired
> by now.  It can be used against a whole lot of Python features.

But it can also be used in favor of a whole lot, and that's why we keep it
around <wink>.

i-hear-some-people-even-argued-about-what-jesus-meant-by-simple-words-ly
    y'rs  - tim

PS:  If "+=" isn't explicit, I have a hard time understanding what
"explicit" means.  Maybe that Python should be coded at bytecode level, so
that STORE_FAST (and friends) always punch you in the face?