Not enough Python library development [was PEP scepticism]

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Fri Jun 29 18:41:25 EDT 2001

Roman Suzi <rnd at onego.ru> writes:
> CPyAN is much more complex task, because there are:
>
> - security considerations
> - integration with distutils
> - probably, one day python will allow the "import" shown above
>   (I even think it is already possible)
> - dependency resolution framework...

Not necessarily.  An annoying habit of the Python community is to
write an initial requirement list that's so forbiddingly long that
everyone is frightened away and nothing is ever implemented.  But you
don't have to implement everything to have something useful.  Case in
point: Parnassus, which does exactly 0 of the above 4 items, yet it's
definitely not useless.

--amk