[pygtk] HTML Widget

James Henstridge james at daa.com.au
Thu Jun 7 22:44:48 EDT 2001

On 8 Jun 2001, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

> > Did you get a new version of pygme or recompile the existing copy of pygme
> > when upgrading mozilla?  The mozilla embedding API is not stable, and
> > changes occasionally (the binary API breaks more often than source API).
>
> Yeah, I tried recompiling.  The soucre for pygme (in the gnome cvs) has
> not changed since october though.
>
> The best I can get is a grey window in the component.  The output in the
> shell suggests it is working, but not displaying...

In that case, you might want to try emailing the pygme author about it.

> > > Is ther a binding for gtkhtml?
> >
> > There is a gtkhtml binding included with gnome-python.  It is not built by
> > default though.  Pass the --enable-gtkhtml switch to configure to build
> > it.
>
> Is there any reason for not building by default?  for example stability?

It would probably be a good idea build it by default now.  gtkhtml used to
change incompatibly more often than gnome-python releases, which made
building it by default a bit of a problem.  It has settled down since then
though.

James.