Is this a true statement? (fwd)

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Jun 24 09:53:07 EDT 2001

David C. Ullrich <ullrich at math.okstate.edu> wrote:
>For example, I've seen it stated several times that if
>you're writing Windows programs you have to be writing
>C or C++ because the API is written in C. This is simply
>not true, you can write Windows programs in any language
>you like, and with no silliness involved.

Much the same statement can be said about the Macintosh.  The API is
written in Pascal, or at least using Pascal-style constructs like
counted (instead of null-terminated) strings.  Yet, the overwhelmingly
vast majority of Mac applications are written in C or C++ these days.

All it takes is the right glue, and you can use any language you want.