Using SMTPlib

Boyd Roberts boyd at insultant.net
Mon Jun 4 14:19:04 EDT 2001

"Brian Andersen" <brian at nr6.dk> a écrit dans le message news: 9fg915$jho$1 at news.inet.tele.dk...
> I've tried the SMTPlib and it work out fint, but the mails I send don't have
> a subject.
>
> I've tried the example that is in the Pythondocumentation for the SMTPlib
> and it works well, but how do I insert a subject field?
>
> The same goes for CC end BCC-fields. Are they handled by the SMTPlib or is
> it something that I must handle in my program?

that sounds like a good idea.  </sarcasm> perl has one too.

why not just construct the message and pipe it into something
that reads the message from stdin?

what you want to know is that an RFC 822 / STD 11 message
contains the Cc:, Bcc: and Subject: fields.  they are out
of the scope of SMTP as it just says who it's from and
who it should be delivered to which is managed by the MTAs
(initially being picked out of the To:, Cc: and Bcc: fields
or later managed by info given to the MTA via SMTP).