Suggestions for recipes we could write for Python Cookbook

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 12:25:24 EDT 2001

Frank Willison of O'Reilly has appealled [1] to the Python community
to rate and submit recipes for the Python Cookbook [2]. My impression
is that what is wanted is how to do certain things in Python, rather
than a book of algorithms that happens to use Python as its
demonstration language. I think O'Reilly's own Perl Cookbook [3] might
be a good source of ideas for the sorts of tasks that the recipes
could address. I'll try to tackle a few myself, probably in the areas
of string processing and web programming. Do others want to tackle
other areas?

[1] http://www.oreilly.com/frank/

[2] http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/

[3] http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/cookbook/toc.html