ANN: port of Python 2.1 to OS/2+EMX

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sun Jun 17 04:34:12 EDT 2001

I have uploaded a port of Python 2.1 to the incoming directories of
the Hobbes (http://hobbes.nmsu.edu) and LEO (http://archiv.leo.org/) OS/2
software archives.

This port supports the case sensitive module import semantics
introduced in Python 2.1 for case-insensitive but case preserving
file systems (such as used by the MS-Windows family of OSes, as well
as OS/2).

The distributed archives are:
  python-2.1-os2emx-bin-010617.zip (binary installation package, 2.9MB)
  python-2.1-os2emx-src-010617.zip (source patches and makefiles, 108kB)

More info available at http://www.pcug.org.au/~andymac/software.html;
the above archives are also available there if you can't find them
at Hobbes or LEO.

OS/2 users enjoy!

E-mail: andrew.macintyre at aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616