forcing python to build a static libpython2.1.a

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sun Jun 17 05:05:34 EDT 2001

Roman Milner <roman at speeder.org> writes:

> Is there an easy way to have the build process disable dynamic
>
> I've been able to build a static lib, but only by manually creating
> one after the python build process.  I'm looking for a configure
> switch (that I haven't been able to find) or something similar, that
> will do this for me.

I think the most efficuient way to do what you want is to uncomment
the modules you want to build statically in Modules/Setup.  Read the
comments in the top of Modules/Setup.dist in the source distribution
for more info.

Cheers,
M.

--
  My hat is lined with tinfoil for protection in the unlikely event
  that the droid gets his PowerPoint presentation working.