PEP 260: simplify xrange()

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Jun 28 08:30:29 EDT 2001

Carel Fellinger <cfelling at iae.nl> writes:

> Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> wrote:
> > Google confuses me; if you search for "michael hudson" my page is the
> > third hit - but my name doesn't actually appear anywhere on the linked
> > page!
>
> probably it's in a hidden field, like <author ...>

Nope.  These are my web pages we're talking about here!  My name
appears on various bits of my pages (my CV, the python-dev summaries),
but definitely not on the page google points you to.

$ lynx -source http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/ | grep -i hudson
$

> > The "did you mean to search for ..." feature is also downright
> > uncanny.
>
> can't find this option, mind to explain?

Try:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=ken+macloed

then just above the results is a little suggestion:

    Did you mean: ken macleod

which of course I did (many of the hits are for the right man; it
seems I'm not the only person in the world who can't type).

Cheers,
M.

--
  ARTHUR:  Yes.  It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing
           cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door