PEP 260: simplify xrange()

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Thu Jun 28 08:43:22 EDT 2001

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:

> Carel Fellinger <cfelling at iae.nl> writes:
>
> > Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> wrote:
> > > Google confuses me; if you search for "michael hudson" my page is the
> > > third hit - but my name doesn't actually appear anywhere on the linked
> > > page!

What was your exact query (I guess you omitted the quotes)? If I query
for "michael hudson" (including the quotes!) your CV is the first entry
in the result list.

> > probably it's in a hidden field, like <author ...>
>
> Nope.  These are my web pages we're talking about here!  My name
> appears on various bits of my pages (my CV, the python-dev summaries),
> but definitely not on the page google points you to.

Google also looks at text of the links pointing to a website. E.g. if
there's a link <a href="http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/">Michael
Hudson</a> on a website, google takes that as a hint that the page
pointed to is about "Michael Hudson".

  Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/