module for A/D-converter?

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Fri Jun 29 13:35:02 EDT 2001

Arend von der Lieth wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to implement a program (with python of
> course) that reads values from an A/D-converter card.
> More precisely: I want to read data from an oscilloscope and do not want
> to use the languages that we used before (C, Pascal, VBS)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Arend

Since you mention VBS ... is it possible that there is a COM object
available that represents the i/o to your card?  If so, it should be easy
to script that COM object from Python.  If not... then you probably
would be best off writing a simple extension in C (or write your own
COM object controller in either C or VB), then calling that from Python.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International