ActiveX Controls in Python

Bill Bell bill-bell at bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca
Tue Jun 26 11:29:25 EDT 2001

davidw at weblink.com.au (David White)	 wrote, in part:
> I'm really hoping I can do the [hierarchial grid] prototype in
> Python, because I don't want to even think about touching Visual
> Basic.

I ~know~ whatcha mean!

What would you think of the following:

1. Use MSVC to create a series of "HTML Control" ActiveX thingys
(one item in the series for each time your boss changes his/her
mind)--it's relatively easy to play with HTML/JScript.

---

The ActiveXWrapper_IE.py code in the wxPython demo says, "The
MakeActiveXClass function dynamically builds a new Class on the
fly, that has the same signature and semantics as wxWindow."

---

2. So host the ActiveX in Python code written with the aid of
wxPython.

Overall, make C++ code in the ActiveX as simple as possible and
favour development in Python.

This topic interests me and I'd value your opinion.

Bill

Bill Bell, Software Developer