ActiveX Controls in Python

David White davidw at weblink.com.au
Tue Jun 26 22:49:44 EDT 2001

"Bill Bell" <bill-bell at bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca> wrote in message news:<mailman.993569620.16153.python-list at python.org>...
> davidw at weblink.com.au (David White)	 wrote, in part:
> > I'm really hoping I can do the [hierarchial grid] prototype in
> > Python, because I don't want to even think about touching Visual
> > Basic.
>
> I ~know~ whatcha mean!

[snip]

> 2. So host the ActiveX in Python code written with the aid of
> wxPython.

I must admit that I'm not terribly familiar with Python's windows
extensions, and so I'm not sure I understand your solution properly.
Please correct me if I say something that betrays a
misunderstanding...

The main problem I see is that I was planning to use MFC directly, not
wxWindows. I'm not very familiar with wxWindows, but I understand it's
interface is very different from that of MFC, and that it can't do
some things MFC can do, as it is a portable library, and can only
supply the common subset of functionality that is available on various
platforms. Is this correct?

Since I'll be doing the final product using MFC, I was hoping to do
the prototype using Python's MFC bindings; also, I haven't used
wxWindows before, and time is going to be quite an issue - so it'd be
better to use MFC due to my familiarity with it.

David White
Programmer
Weblink Pty Ltd