Has anyone used UML?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at bt.com
Mon Jun 4 13:40:17 EDT 2001

Michael Davis wrote:
> Personally, I find UML most useful as a diagramming language used to
> play with design ideas, or document an existing class framework

Yes those are good points. Even in a programming context
drawing UML diagrams on a whirteboiard is a lot less
ambiguous than using a homegrown vague bunch of circles etc.
At least everyoine jnows which direction inheritance goes in,
what the cardinality of relationships is etc..

> I'm interested in trying other methodologies, such as Extreme
> Programming, whilst using UML as a diagramming language.

UML is entirely compatible with most methjods - its just a
notation after all.

Alan G.