Office's Access XP ODBC DBI from PythonWin

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 12:40:08 EDT 2001

"Mark Hammond" <MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote in message
news:3B28CE04.3090009 at ActiveState.com...
> > Hmmm, I did send you my partially-fixed version, yes...?
>
> Hrm - I wouldn't be surprised if either I have asked this before, or you
> have sent it before, but what fixes do you have?  I just checked in a
> fix to the username and password fields when not specified as part of
> the connection string.  It missed ActivePython 211 and win32all-140 tho :(

I checked out the odbc.* and dbi.* that were in CVS about 10 days
ago, and fixed all object construction/destruction to reliably and
consistently use PyObject_New and PyObject_Del.  The mix of
PyObject_NEW and PyMem_DEL &c was apparently the root cause of
several crashes I was having.  I'll be happy to resend the fixed
sources again whenever you want me to!

Alex