problem building 2.1 on SunOS 5.7

Garry Hodgson garry at sage.att.com
Mon Jun 25 15:31:55 EDT 2001

Martin von Loewis wrote:

> Garry Hodgson <garry at sage.att.com> writes:
>
> > > /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.4/2.7.2/include/time.h:90,
> [...]
> > okay, i'm answering my own question.  but just in case anyone else trips
> > over this, i got it to work using ./configure --without-gcc
> >
> > the regular sun c compiler built it without a hiccough.
>
> If you would use a gcc version compiled for Solaris 7, instead of the
> one compiled for Solaris 2.4, gcc would work as well.

good point.  alas, this is not my system, and i am stuck with the
environment
they are running.  indeed, my desire to get python there has been
prompted
by the lack of any civilized tools.

> Alternatively, if you just delete your outdated gcc, configure would
> not attempt to use gcc.

yes, the --without-gcc accomplished the same thing.

thanks

--
Garry Hodgson                   sometimes we ride on your horses
Senior Hacker                   sometimes we walk alone
garry at sage.att.com