WHY is python slow?

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Sat Jun 9 14:18:49 EDT 2001

On "how it can be that generally accepted beliefs are often
divorced from reality", look at John Kenneth Galbraith, The Affluent
Society, Chapter 2, "The concept of conventional wisdom".  After
reading that, you walk around wondering why everyone else is less
intelligent than you are.

It takes a long time for reality and facts to dislodge generally
accepted beliefs, if for no other reason than that lots of people
have a vested interest in the preservation of those beliefs.
Specifically, look at the huge investment in Java. It will take a
whole lot of reality to convince those who have invested their time
and money to give that up.

I used to be a philosophy student, but I'm trying to rehabilitate
myself.

  - Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman