WHY is python slow?

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Fri Jun 8 21:46:47 EDT 2001

Fri, 8 Jun 2001 22:42:02 +0100 in
<Pine.SOL.4.30.0106082239240.6291-100000 at mimosa.csv.warwick.ac.uk>,
John J. Lee <phrxy at csv.warwick.ac.uk> spake:
> *Are* there any good (as opposed to 'good enough') operating systems in
> existence?
> Completely off-topic, I know: just ignore me...

  No.  It's been proven that all operating systems suck, all languages
suck, all software sucks, and all hardware sucks.

  There are degrees of suckiness for any particular purpose, but none
are sans suckage.

  Once people learn to accept this and abandon their unrealistic beliefs
in *good* software or hardware, they become much more content.

"I will tell you things that will make you laugh and uncomfortable and really
fucking angry and that no one else is telling you.  What I won't do is bullshit
you.  I'm here for the same thing you are.  The Truth." -Transmetropolitan #39