Re. PythonCard - was Re: Event-driven GUIs ...

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jun 20 09:53:20 EDT 2001

Ron Stephens <rdsteph at earthlink.net> writes:

> Sigh, sounds like we got a lot of folks, of whom I am by far the
> worst, who would love to contribute. I would think the hardest part
> would be to find a couple of truly competent leaders, who are expert
> programmers, sort of our own mini-Linus's or Guido's. The leaders
> could then moderate the "toolkit wars" and make final decisions.

But bear in mind that both Guido and Linus became Benevolent Dictators
by springing their open source project onto the world, not exactly
fully formed, but at least in a usable state.  All it takes is for
someone to sit down and bang out somethign that people can play with
and then improve.  You do need someone with a strong architectural
sense to avoid it getting unbearably crufty though.

Hmm, I don't really have any plans for July...

Cheers,
M.

--
  This is an off-the-top-of-the-head-and-not-quite-sober suggestion,
  so is probably technically laughable.  I'll see how embarassed I