Not enough Python library development [was PEP scepticism]

Terry Reedy tjreedy at home.com
Sat Jun 30 12:33:14 EDT 2001

>. One good example of
> what our web team has put together is here:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Mail
>
> I find these archives to be better than other Python archives available
> on the Web. Consider this feature:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Leaders/python-dev/

Interesting if accurately done.  The Python community is small enough that
almost all names are unique.  This list needs to combine numbers for people
posting under multiple e-addresses (Guido has use 4).  If this is done,
Guido wins with 1829 (654+557+383+235) and Tim is second with 1531
(860+671) [no counting any eaddresses with <64 posts that are not on the
list.