Which IDE ?

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Tue Jun 19 14:49:00 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 05:57:00PM +0100, phil hunt wrote:
| On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:57:13 GMT, VanPopering <dvanpope at bookworm.suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote:
[Which IDE?]

| I think professional programmers often prefer simple tools (i.e.
| text editor and command line).

Sounds like a reasonable guess to me (at least wrt Unix programmers, I
think more MS Windows programmers use Visual Studio and other similar
tools).  I use vim + bash also.  I have tried some other environments,
but I haven't found any that I like as much.  I do sometimes use some
IDE for a debugger interface (DDD, JBuilder, NetBeans, whatever -
depends on what machine I'm at and what I'm working on).

-D