Extremely strange problem with httplib/urllib

Gustaf Liljegren gustafl at algonet.se
Wed Jun 20 10:25:41 EDT 2001

HEMMI Shigeru <hemmi at crc.co.jp> wrote:

>I am using Python 2.1 on Win98.
>I was able to use urllib from my computer.

I really appreciate your help, but it's not a problem of understanding how
to use  urllib/httplib. I have used them before in various scripts, without
this error. The scripts still work: it's only that I get a invalid page
fault error afterwards all the time, and always when I have attempted a web
connection using any of these two modules. I tried your code too, with the
same result.

So it's nothing wrong with the code. It's something strange going on
between Python and my instance of Windows. It would problaby help to
reinstall Windows, but I hope this won't be needed.

Any other suggestions?

Gustaf Liljegren