PEP 260: simplify xrange()

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Wed Jun 27 05:24:30 EDT 2001

Uncle Tim:
>> although-it-would-be-impolite-to-ask-we-why-still-ship-a-directory-
>>     full-of-crufty-old-irix5-demos-in-the-std-library<wink>-ly

James Logajan:
>Perhaps because the Irix community would be quite Irate if they were
>removed?

As an ex-member of the Irix community, I never used those
modules because I knew my code needed to run under non-IRIX
platforms.  Let them be deprecated.

As a double check, I did a google search for
   +"import al" +def

The only hits related to Python were from Python itself
(documentation or audiodev.py)

No relevant hits from +"import fm" +def , except that there
is a Mac Python module "import Fm".

Search for "import imgfile" found nothing relevant.

So, not really used.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at acm.org