RS232 support for DOS on 486?

Mike Brenner mikeb at mitre.org
Fri Jun 8 16:13:08 EDT 2001

I agree with Anurag.

I own and have access to more DOS machines than windows or linux or dual-boot linus/windows machines.
And DOS is a faster way to get many pieces of work done than windows.

If someone had the time to bring Python up to date on a DOS-extender (say without threads or wxwindows), especially djgpp, it would make a lot of old computers much more useful.

DOS is not dead when Microsoft stops selling it. DOS is dead when people stop using it and throw away their old computers.