Has anyone used UML?

Elf Sternberg elf at halcyon.com
Sun Jun 10 13:24:30 EDT 2001

In article <3b228485.13884244 at news.laplaza.org>
    xyzmats at laplaza.org (Mats Wichmann) writes:

>on the other hand, it may be that Rational Rose really is
>"that damn good" (personally, I have zero experience with it).

        My experience has been that Rational Rose, in an attempt to cash
in and keep up with the demand for a working implementation, have
violated the non-Rational parts of the programming paradigm.  Their
stuff may be designed with UML, but it's often insufficiently tested and
their UIs are atrocious.

        UML does not help one be a better programmer; it helps make one
a better component designer.  But both UI design and component and
system testing are different disciplines.

                Elf

--
Elf M. Sternberg, rational romantic mystical cynical idealist
http://www.halcyon.com/elf/

Dvorak Keyboards: Frgp ucpoy ncb. ru e.u.bo.v