PEP scepticism

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Fri Jun 29 19:29:36 EDT 2001

mcherm at destiny.com wrote:
[snip]
> First of all, thank you Bernhard, for raising an important point.
> I completely agree with you: one of the strengths of Python is its
> simplicity, and I would never want to see it go the way of Perl
> or C++.

This slide is particularly scary in that sense. The slides are for
a talk given at Yet Another Perl Conference that just occurred in Montreal.

http://prometheus.frii.com/~gnat/yapc/2001-80-20/slide006.html

Note the 'signs of pragmatism in a formerly ideological world' comment!
This is praise coming from Perl, and I'm not sure what to think. :)

(Please note that I've already given the author of the slides some suggestions
on how to improve the Python on this particular slide so don't bother
mailing him about it. Nathan's a nice guy.)

Regards,

Martijn