Distributed computing using SOAP. What about speed ?

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Sat Jul 28 09:46:32 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.996167570.6366.python-list at python.org>,
Skip Montanaro  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
			.
>connections in some instances.  There's not much to be done to get around
>the XML parsing cost except try and find faster XML parsers.  I use XML-RPC
>w/sgmlop.  In my application domain XML parsing is the least of my
>performance worries. ;-)
I know the feeling.
			.
			.
			.
I have an article coming out within the next
month on a particularly zippy XML parser.
While it's not Python-oriented now, I suppose
it could be.  I don't think it'll be any sig-
nificant help to Thomas Weholt, who launched
this thread.  In any case, feel free to moni-
tor <URL:
http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/misc.writing/publications.html >
for updates.
--