doctest x idle problem?

Alex new_name at mit.edu
Sat Jul 28 11:39:42 EDT 2001

> This won't be solved in general by magic until someone contributes
> code to launch "Run Script" in a fresh process; but that's not always
> what you'll want either.

I got sick of having to keep track of which modules need to be reloaded,
and now have a framework for emacs python-mode that temporarily
overrides __builtin__.__import__ and tracks which modules are importing
which so that by top-sorting the dependancy graph it only needs to
reload the modules that have changed on disk and the modules that depend
on those.  It works pretty well for my needs, except that sometimes the
dependancy graph is a little out of sync and you have to do the reload a
time or two extra.  If there's enough interest, I could have a look at
fixing that (just a matter of repeating the reloads until the dependancy
graph stabilizes) and folding it into IDLE.

Alex.