Threading.Event w/ timeout veeeeeery slow on win32?

Ville Vainio vvainio at karhu.tp.spt.fi
Fri Jul 13 01:34:17 EDT 2001

Greg Copeland <gtcopeland at earthlink.net> writes:

> If this is on NT 4, I've done a fair amount of multithreaded com work

No, this is Win2k.

> requested and what they system delivered.  You probably should validate
> this isn't a loaded NT problem first before you start trying to locate
> the issue in python.

The system was quite lightly loaded, and besides, waits *without*
timeout were triggered extremely quickly. At the moment my program
uses waits without timeout and triggers the events every now and then
on a seperate thread - which seems to work quite well, but is a
needless complication. Perhaps I could use sched and make this thread
more generic (to implement my own version of wait-with-timeout) but I
would still rather take a "native" solution, too bad it doesn't seem
to work.

--
Ville Vainio - http://www.tp.spt.fi/~vvainio - ICQ #115524762
 Wild geese have no intention to cast a reflection