Changing the Division Operator -- PEP 238, rev 1.12

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Jul 27 20:01:55 EDT 2001

Guido van Rossum <guido at zope.com> writes:

> Here's a new revision of PEP 238.  (...)

I'm sure someone else will find something to comment on, but it looks
good to me.  No suggestions at this point.

One question though - is it anticipated that the items in the Open
section (e.g., the generation of OverflowError) need to be resolved as
part of the PEP process, or will it be postponed until implementation
and then the PEP adjusted?  I'm unlikely to be coding in cases
affected by the decision, and see arguments on both sides, so I don't
have a particular preference.

--
-- David