OO misconceptions

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Mon Jul 16 20:05:41 EDT 2001

Tim Hammerquist wrote:

Re: having a bad day, no problem.

> My only regret is that so many people in this NG are so violently
> anti-Perl.

It's human nature for the people behind the technology in second place
to complain about the one in first place. I think Java is not a bad
little language but I'll bet that on the Perl mailing lists you'll hear
a lot of Java-bashing. And what about Window$ bashing? People hate to
see their technology overlooked in favour of something that they think
is inferior. Also, the people who like the language in second or third
place often have to contend with PHBs that force them to use the
first-place language. This tends to cause resentment.

--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.