Language change and code breaks

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon Jul 23 15:27:52 EDT 2001

Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
[snip]
>> Don't encourage sloppy habits: require case sensitivity.

> First time I heard that Pascal "encourages sloppy habits" -- with all
> the valid criticisms one can level at it, this one seems ridiculous.

Have you worked with Pascal code? It's not too pretty to copy and paste
code that uses BEGIN and END into a piece of code that doesn't use
that convention and uses 'begin' and 'end'. Of course when I dealt with such
a thing I'd change the case-spelling to make it consistent, but I didn't
like it much to have to do that at all.

Regards,

Martijn