Marking a Python COM server safe for Internet Explorer

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 6 14:04:59 EDT 2001

    Bill> As a kind of default, Internet Explorer will ask the user's
    Bill> permission before instantiating an ActiveX control. However, one
    Bill> can implement IObjectSafety to inform IE that one's control is
    Bill> safe, thus sparing the user the need to respond to the dialog box.

I have nothing useful to help you with your quest, but it seems that if the
ActiveX control can say "trust me!", it's sort of like asking the fox to
guard the hen house.  Did I misunderstand something?  Wouldn't all ActiveX
controls simply implement IObjectSafety simply to make them easier to use
(less annoying to the user)?

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
(847)971-7098