Marking a Python COM server safe for Internet Explorer

Bill Bell bill-bell at bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca
Fri Jul 6 11:49:01 EDT 2001

As a kind of default, Internet Explorer will ask the user's permission
before instantiating an ActiveX control. However, one can
implement IObjectSafety to inform IE that one's control is safe,
thus sparing the user the need to respond to the dialog box.

I have a Python COM server that I would like to use with IE.

Does someone happen to know if there is an incantation that can
be muttered in Python that implements IObjectSafety--or of some
alternative way of doing this?

(I suppose one could embed the Python in an MSVC server.
However, the more I play with Python the more I hate C++. And
anyway I have a deadline.)

Thanks for any clues or hints!!