The standard library

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Sun Jul 1 20:36:48 EDT 2001

At 00:09 02/07/01 +0000, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>Do I understand PEP 1 right this way? I guess having a number assigned for
>a PEP before discussing it in public may be a good idea. :)

I'm not sure that this is the best way to handle it. Some people have
already sent unnumbered drafts to the list before without being burnt in
public by irate PEPmasters <wink>. It's good for the discussion; it even
allows the PEP to be discussed *before* wasting a number on it :-)

I have my own draft right now, dealing only with one small part of the
problem. I've thought about it as a annex to PEP 2. It's named "Quality
Guidelines For Standard Modules". I'm going to send it in a separate email
in a few minutes...

Carlos Ribeiro