Distributed computing using SOAP. What about speed ?

André Risnes andre.risnes at tenpipes.no
Thu Jul 26 06:23:40 EDT 2001

"Thomas Weholt" <thomas at gatsoft.no> wrote in message
news:h3R77.130$bXi.170753536 at news.telia.no...
> What are my options? How hard could it be to create a custom protocoll for
> distributing addresses of running nodes among the nodes themselves in a
> effective manner?
>
> Thomas

If the problem is the overhead of parsing a large and compex data structure
sent over SOAP rather than the overhead of handling a large number
of SOAP requests, you could perhaps make a semi-customized prototocol,
by sending one large string with the data (maybe compressed) over SOAP,
and (dis)assembling that string "maually" at each end.

--
André Risnes