Distributing a Python app

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Thu Jul 19 20:23:22 EDT 2001

[Gordon McMillan]
> As far as a free Windows installer (for py2exe or [Gordon's] Installer),
> Inno gets good reviews. I don't know anyone who can stand InstallShield.
> Wise is the commercial one most people use.

FYI, I'm seriously looking at switching the PythonLabs Windows installer
over to Inno.  It's simple (as such things go) and easy to use (as such
things go).  We've been happy with the Wise installer Mark Hammond talked
them into letting us use in '94 or '95, but it's showing its age and I'm
apparently not nearly as persuasive as Mark (they don't even acknowledge
receiving my emails -- but then I wouldn't either <wink>).

ms-should-bundle-python-as-a-public-service-ly y'rs  - tim