Future division patch available (PEP 238)

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sun Jul 22 18:17:10 EDT 2001

Moshe Zadka <moshez at zadka.site.co.il> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> [about //]
>> it just looks awful as well as annoying those who don't want this
>> change.

> Any solution would have annoyed the other side, and one solution
> had to be taken.
> And no, "inertia" isn't an excuse. Python cannot be ruled by inertia,
> just as it cannot arbitrarily break backwards compat.

People just differ in their opinions on what is inertia and what is
arbitrarily breaking backwards compatibility. Robin is probably in
the "arbitrarily breaking backwards compatibility" camp on this issue,
while you're in the "inertia" camp. I'm in the "just leave me here,
go on without me, I'll be okay" camp, myself.

Regards,

Martijn