How to run codeobjects in Python?

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Sat Jul 14 14:58:08 EDT 2001

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 16:25:05 +0200, Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>The latest issue of the Economist magazine has an in-depth survey of
>Italy

[. . .]

>it starts out with a Paean titled "What a lovely off place!"

A rare typo has escaped Alex's keyboard here. It's "odd", rather than
"off".

I haven't yet read any of the survey (The Economist arrives a little
late here in the colonies) but it seems likely that they're making a
small joke about what a British tourist might say. And while I
wouldn't be surprised to hear some things in Italy called odd, I would
be surprised to hears someone say that the country was "off".

Regards,
Matt