(no subject)

Shane Anglin shane.anglin at mtni.net
Sat Jul 14 13:18:31 EDT 2001

Here's the basics of what I want to do with my new app:
Main loop is:
1 - check socket for any incoming data
1a - if no data on socket, go to 2, else get the data and place it into a list
2 - print out list
3 - go to 1 and do it all over again

Currently, I can create a TCP socket server app using examples that will sit and wait (idle 99% of the time) and accepts the incoming data just fine, my 'print list' part is not processing at all until I get any new data in... for example, 1-wait on a client connect on socket, when a connection happens, get data, 2- place new data into list, print list, 3 -go to 1 and do it all over again...   in this scenario, #1 has the rest of my code 'hostage' until a client connection is made and closed.

Thanks a bunch!
Shane Anglin
shaneanglin at bigfoot.com